Oct 16, 2017
1) It’s the cheapest car in India to get 9 airbags, 360-degree parking camera and massage function for driver seat.
2) Powerful and proven combo of engine and gearbox (177 HP + 6 speed DSG).
3) Even the base variant is safety laden: 9 airbags, all wheel discs, TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System), ESP (Electronic Stability Program), EDL (Electronic Differential Locking), TCS (Traction Control System), LED headlights with Adaptive Front Lighting System, auto-dimming internal and external mirrors and few more.
4) 'Air-breeze' between the side and centre AC vents. Helps the cabin cool faster.
5) Feature laden! Here are some of them: Practical sedan: Bi-beam LED headlights, Nappa leather upholstery, 60:40 split rear seats, 4-way adjustable front armrest, extended under thigh support and ventilation for front seats, all-black leather, 3-zone climate control, 360-degree camera (camera on all the 4 sides to get a bird’s-eye view of the car), semi-auto parallel park assist and many more.
1) It's a CBU hence expensive!
2) No option of petrol engine, manual transmission or beige interiors. The latter is loved by our people. Plug-in hybrid, Passat GTE, might come to India next year.
3) It's sibling, Superb, looks sportier despite having bigger wheelbase.
4) The rear looks more evolutionary than revolutionary.
5) Sadly, we don’t get Active Info Display (full LCD instrument cluster like Audi's Virtual cockpit) and head-up display. Plus, the audio system could've been better. It doesn’t get a sub-woofer or central speaker; Superb gets the same.